RM of Stanley Severe Drought Stage - July 30, 2021
- The water restrictions in place for the RM of Stanley have now been upgraded from moderate to severe. We are now asking the community to reduce their consumption by 25%.
- These restrictions include ALL water systems within the RM of Stanley including the Blumenfeld-Hochfeld Water Co-op and the Border Valley Water Co-op.
- All Municipal Bulk Wells in Stanley pull water directly out of an aquifer which also supplies water for potable drinking water networks and therefore we need to reduce consumption by 25% at the bulk well sites.
- The RM is actively working with the region on both short term and long-term solutions to manage the surge in demands and increase supply to avoid this issue in the future.
- To view Pembina Valley Water Co-op's Use Water Wisely Brochure (urban) including conservation tips, click here. To view their Use Water Wisely Brochure (rural), click here.
- Thank you for your ongoing efforts to reduce your water consumption!
Click here to view the Pembina Valley Water Co-op "Drought State of Emergency" Notice
Click here to view the Joint Media Release from Morden, Winkler, Stanley "Drought State of Emergency" Notice
Project Rain Barrel - August 20, 2021
The City of Morden, City of Winkler, and RM of Stanley are working together to reduce water consumption in light of the extreme drought conditions in the region.
As a result, a new program to provide rain barrels at a cost-shared rate to residents has been developed. Click here for more information.