About Stanley - Communities / Villages - Neuenberg
History
Mennonites settled the village in 1875 as part of the West Reserve. The origin of its name, translated from German, means "new mount" or "hilly area".
 
Neuenberg is a small village located approximately 8 miles south of the City of Winkler and has remained active over the years.
 
Community Center
The former Birkenhead School, located in Neuenberg now closed since 1993 serves residents as a community center which inludes an outdoor skating rink & playground area.
 
Contact for Community Center: 325-4458