About Stanley - Communities / Villages - Chortitiz
History
Chortitz is a Mennonite village with a history that dates back to 1875 when it was one of the first villages established on the West Reserve. It was named for the Chortitz Peninsula in Russia where, almost 200 years before, the first Mennonite village and settlement in Russia was founded.
 
Located approximately 3 km south west of the City of Winkler, growth in the village has been strong over the last number of years.
 
Community Center
The Chortitz Community Committee operates an outdoor skating rink which is open to the public. 
 
Chortitz is also home to the Valley Mennonite Academy, a multi-grade private christian school.