Q: When are utility charges invoiced in the R.M. of Stanley?
Areas of the Municiplaity serviced by piped drinking water are invoiced for water consumption. They are prepared on a quarterly basis, at the end of March, June, September and December.
Q: How do I submit water readings?
- Online via this website, click here:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off or mail to the administration office
- Fax the administration office at 325-4008
Phone the administration office at 325-4101
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
- Online: We are listed as payee Stanley (RM) Utility/Tax through:
- Credit Union
- Scotia Bank
- Your account number would be your 7 digit utility account number (without the decimal), or your 9 digit roll number (without the decimal)
- Please contact your financial institution for more information.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your payment to be processed.
- Tax Installment Payment Plan
Q: When are tax notices sent out?
Tax notices are sent out to property owners in June of each year.
Supplementary tax notices are sent out in fall of each year.
Q: When are taxes due?
Taxes are due on the second last business day of October each year.
Added taxes are due on the date specified on the bill.
Q: Am I eligible for the Homeowner’s Tax Assistance credit?
You are eligible for the Homeowner’s Tax Assistance credit on the property with your principle residence and you must have occupied the home since January 1st of the applicable tax year.
If you are eligible, but did not receive a credit, contact the administration office.
Once approved, you do not need to apply on a yearly basis.
- You can only receive a credit on one residence.
If the deadline for applications has passed, you can still receive the credit on your annual income tax return.
Q: Am I eligible for the
Tax Rebate? Farmland School
The rebate applies to all Class 30 Assessments of farm land only.
Forms will be mailed out to you from your local MASC office. If you did not receive forms, they are available by contacting your local MASC office, or at the Municipal office.
Q: Why does the value of my property get reassessed?
Every two years, the provincial assessment office checks to see whether the assessed values of residential and commercial properties in the RM conform to their actual market value.
Q: How do they come up with the assessment value?
Generally, by comparing your home to other properties that recently sold in your area of the municipality, provided they're roughly the same vintage, condition and size.
Q: How will I hear about my new assessment value?
Any time your assessment changes, you will get a notice via mail in plenty of time before property tax bills are sent out.
Q: I'm not happy with my assessment, what do I do?
Contact the Assessment office as soon as possible. If they decide a change is necessary, a supplementary tax bill may be issued.
If a satisfactory arrangement is not made, a property owner may appeal their assessment to the Board of Revision later in the year.
Q: How can I appeal my assessment?
Each year the Board of Revision (Council) meets and hears appeals from property owners who wish to appeal their assessment.
Appeal forms must be sent to the municipal office. The deadline for appeals is announced annually in the local newspapers.
Q: Where can I retrieve more information on a current property tax assessment?
The local Assessment Office (Intergovernmental Affairs & Trade) is located at 101 – 11th Street in Morden, MB. You can also contact them by telephone at (204) 822–2900 or 1-866-606-7647.
They can provide further detail on your assessment(s).
Q: Who would I need to contact if I would like to search the title of my property?
- You may contact the Land Titles Office @ 204-822-2920.
Q: Who may attend Council meetings?
- Anyone may attend council meetings. If you wish to address Council with a particular matter, you should contact the Municipal Office prior to the meeting to make a provision to have it added to the agenda.
Q: What is the fee for a tax certificate?
- The fee for a tax certificate is $30.00 as of January 1, 2017.
Q: Where can I obtain a map of the R.M. of Stanley?
- There are also several maps on this website for your reference at no charge.
Q: How can I have my name removed from the Property Ownership Map?
- If you wish to have your name removed from the property ownership map, please contact the administration office.
Q: Is your question not listed?
- Feel free to call or email us and we'll be happy to assist you.